Assisting You Paralegal Services is able to assist family law attorneys with their case load by providing professional high quality paralegal support services so they can provide cost effective and timely services to their family law clients. Whether you are just starting your legal practice or are simply swamped with work, Assisting You Paralegal Services can assist you by taking on some of your workload allowing you to focus on other tasks in your law practice. We can help you manage and move the work off your desk in a timely manner and meet impending deadlines before their due date. By allowing us to assist you with your family law legal support needs, you can rest assured you are in good hands, and the work will get done.
Assisting attorneys in the following areas:
- Interview clients
- Work with client on obtaining information to apply for temporary support
- Work with client in responding to request for temporary support, including Uniform Support Declaration and supplemental declaration
- Work with client in gathering and organizing discovery documents
- Work with client on list of assets and liabilities
- Draft Request for Production to opposing counsel
- Draft Response to Request for Production from opposing counsel
- Review and analyze discovery documents
- Review, organize, label and/or bates stamp client’s discovery documents
- Prepare Subpoenas
- Draft initiating divorce documents, i.e. summons, petition, CIF forms, motions for temporary support and status quo documents, etc.
- Draft default documents
- Draft Response to Petition
- Prepare Motions, Supporting Declarations & Orders
- Draft Response to petition and/or show cause documents
- Draft correspondence & reply to correspondence
- Draft General Judgment
- Assist in finalizing Asset & Liability Statement
- Organize file and documents for trial
- Prepare and label trial exhibits
- Prepare and organize trial binders
- Assist with trial memorandum
- Meet with client and witnesses for trial preparation
- Assist with visual aids at trial
Filing & Misc.
- E-Filing (CM/ECF)
- Prepare initiating documents for service on opposing party and make arrangements for personal service
- Assist in scheduling depositions, hearings, mediations and docketing
- Prepare Child Support Worksheets
- Research and download OJIN information
- Work with Child Support Division
- Assist in FAPA cases
- Manage independently uncontested divorce/custody/modification cases from start to finish
Post Judgment Matters
- Assist with transfers of property, i.e. deeds, titles, retirement accounts, etc.
- Draft deeds to transfer real property
- Draft client closing letter
- Assist client with name change
- Obtain certified court copies of judgment
- Assist with beneficiary changes to insurance policies
- Draft Statement for Attorney Fees & supporting documents
Please note the above lists do not constitute a complete listing of services that Assisting You Paralegal Services can provide. Please feel free to inquire about other services that are not listed above.
We have a broad array of family law forms, so we can use your forms or ours, custom tailored to your specific needs. We’ll get you a working draft from your initial instructions, assist with finalization of the document, and either send the final version on to opposing counsel or prepare it for e-filing and service.
There are several ways we obtain work assignments and get instructions from you: via email, web link, postal mail, fax, telephone or, for local attorneys, we can meet at your office. We are flexible and willing to take the necessary steps to transition work between your office and ours.
We carry high standards of ethics in maintaining confidentiality, and we have in place a “conflict of interest system” to detect any potential conflicts.
Interested in hiring us for a project?
Call (541) 653-9656 or contact us online today!